Old March 13th 07, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nut Cracker

Default Quad core and Windows Vista?

"James" wrote in message
Ok thanks . *sigh* looks like I have to spend even more money now.

"Jane C" wrote:

But your quad-core socket-F processor should be a single CPU socket. Is that
in fact the chip you are using? I think the other post was talking about
multiple CPU sockets ... the ASUS one, which would not apply if you have a
true quad core. The fact that Vista see's 4 CPU's in device manager suggests
that its working properly. When you look at the Performance Tab in the Task
Manager, do you see 4 graphs? If yes, the simple answer is that the gadget
is flawed.

- NuTs