Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help!

Old March 26th 09, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
alexR

Default Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help!

can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated !

i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home
premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything seemed
to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue error
screen pops up this is what it said:

the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact your
system vendor for an updated bios

technical information
STOP:0x000000A5

does anyone when know what the problem is? is my ram or cpu OR MOBO
DOA?

--
alexR
Old March 26th 09, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Addison Steele

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:10:06 -0500, alexR
wrote:

can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated !

i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home
premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything seemed
to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue error
screen pops up this is what it said:

the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact your
system vendor for an updated bios

technical information
STOP:0x000000A5

does anyone when know what the problem is? is my ram or cpu OR MOBO
DOA?

Do you have a clue what a BIOS is?

Go to the site for the maker of your MOBO and see what you can find in
the way of BIOS updates.
Old March 27th 09, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
alexR

wrote:

can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated !

i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home
premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything

seemed
to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue

error
screen pops up this is what it said:

the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact

your
system vendor for an updated bios

technical information
STOP:0x000000A5

does anyone when know what the problem is? is my ram or cpu OR MOBO
DOA? Do you have a clue what a BIOS is?

Go to the site for the maker of your MOBO and see what you can find
in
the way of BIOS updates.

yes i know what bios is and the problem had nothing to do with bios in
the first place i forgot to only leave 2gb of ram when installing vista
so problem solved.so lock i guess.

--
alexR
Old March 29th 09, 04:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
merkat106

Vista 64x takes 4gb min, otherwise only install 32bit

I have a similar issue. I rebuilt a computer which uses an OEM mobo
made by Asus. The BIOS flash thats supposed to work doesn't flash.

You're right BIOS shouldn't be the issue. Best of luck

--
merkat106