Hp Deskjet 5550 Not Working

Old April 13th 09, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gigimava

Default Hp Deskjet 5550 Not Working

I just switched to Vista from Xp.
I have a Hp Deskjet 5550 printer, connected via usb.
When I plug it in, Vista succesfully racognize it and installs the
needed driver.
Though, whenever I try to print something, the printer won't react.
If I check in the print queue, it says "Error - Printing".
I also tried installing it as a 990c (I've read about that trick
somewhere), but it was useless.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

--
gigimava

Old April 13th 09, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gigimava

This was the first thing I tried, but it was useless.

DL;1018341 Wrote:
'Installing the Printer Driver Located in the Windows Vista Operating
System*'

Old April 13th 09, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

You need to uninstall it before you try reinstalling it.

(Although written for XP, the procedure is the same for Vista)
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

Once you have uninstalled and rebooted, then connect the printer to the PC.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old April 13th 09, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gigimava

:cry: Still not working....
I did as you said, Vista asked me if I wanted to remove just the driver
or the whole driver package.

I first tried the first option: unplugged, uninstalled, rebooted,
replugged, reinstalled, and nothing...
Then the second one, but obtained the same result...

Anyhow, while doing this, I noticed the computer 'knows' whether the
printer is plugged or unplugged (if that can help), since the status
changes from 'ready' to 'offline'.

'Article One' (http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm)

'www.coribright.com/windows' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)

DL;1018341 Wrote:
'Installing the Printer Driver Located in the Windows Vista
Operating
System '
('Installing the Printer Driver Located in the Windows Vista
Operating System*'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=2093&lang=en))

"gigimava" wrote in message

gigimava

--
gigimava
Old April 15th 09, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

After you uninstall (the whole package) and disconnect the printer, it
should not be showing at all! If it's still showing as 'offline' then
something is still installed. Did you omit Step 5 at my site? After the
reboot of your PC, there should be no printer (at least not the DeskJet)
showing at all.
--

DL;1018341 Wrote:
'Installing the Printer Driver Located in the Windows Vista
Operating
System '
('Installing the Printer Driver Located in the Windows Vista
Operating System '
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=2093&lang=en))

"gigimava" wrote in message

gigimava