Old March 17th 07, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Default SigmaTel problems

Windows update is often 6 months behind with updated drivers and therfore
often has incompatible drivers for your configuration you need to get that
latest Vista drivers from the SigmaTel site instead.
"Zylstra" wrote in message
I am having a problem with my SigmaTel drivers (it seems)

While using Windows Media Player, every so often, the sound get choppy.
(like a skipping CD)
After what I have read so far, this is an issue with Windows Vista.

The problem gets worse with the game Sims 2 Seasons. The sound is
terrible.
It gets really choppy. Its quite annoying

I have an Intel Core Duo 1.73GHz processor, 1GB or RAM, a nVidia 7300
GeForce Go card.

My SigmaTel drivers are up to date according to Vista update.

What do I do?