Old March 18th 07, 09:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
George

Default Disappearing Hard Drive

On Mar 17, 6:10 am, willic wrote:
No, I think it is a COMPAQ problem....

It could be related to Compaq's mickey mouse way of partitioning the first
drive but I doubt it. Why is this not a problem with XP Pro and why does it
not happen with a cold boot?

Something must be remaining loaded with a reboot that is not there with a
cold boot.

--
willic

"keith schaefer" wrote:
No, I think it is a COMPAQ problem....

"willic" wrote in message
You wouldn't by any chance be using a 680i based mobo too would you?

No. This is a Compaq Presario SR2044X with an ECS motherboard and ATI
chipset.

It looks like this is a driver problem.

--
willic

"CrimLiar" wrote:

"willic" wrote in message
I recently installed Vista Home Premium. I have two drives in my
machine,
both Seagate SATA2. The first is a 200 gb drive that contains the
Vista
OS.
The second is a 320 gb drive which has XP Pro. I can initially boot
into
either system, or I can reboot from Vista into XP Pro, the system on
the
second drive, without difficulty. From XP Pro I can always read both
drives.

The problem is that if I am running Vista and reboot into Vista (the
default), my second drive disappears. It does not even appear on the
Device
Manager or Disk Management. If I cold boot, the second drive
reappears.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this?
--
willic

There could be an issue here.... I have 4x500G Seagate SATA HDDs set up
as
a 0+1 Raid configuration on an ASUS P5N32-E Sli (nVidia 680i chipset)
motherboard. On coldbooting it finds the HDDs in under 2 secs, but
warmbooting it takes about 10 secs. You wouldn't by any chance be using
680i based mobo too would you?

Crimliar- Hide quoted text -

There's someone else (and me) having this problem he
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...39b7c64a695639

George