Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter

Old June 26th 09, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Patrick Whittle

Default Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter

Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Old June 26th 09, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Raymond Shaw

"Patrick Whittle" wrote:

Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

It plugs into the computer's PCI bus? Maybe that's why it's called a
PCI Adapter... ya think?
Old June 26th 09, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]

"Patrick Whittle" wrote in message
Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
pretty similar in functionality.

Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration among
responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
Microsoft Certified Trainer

http://twitter.com/acefekay

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please

Old June 26th 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Natéag[_2_]

I have it, and it is great.
But other brands probably would work just as well.

"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" a
écrit dans le message de ...
"Patrick Whittle" wrote in message
Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
pretty similar in functionality.

Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration
among responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
Microsoft Certified Trainer

http://twitter.com/acefekay

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please

Old June 26th 09, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices

"Natéag" wrote in message
I have it, and it is great.
But other brands probably would work just as well.

Good to hear. Hopefully your feedback will help others when making a
decision on which brand and model to choose.

Ace

Old June 26th 09, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices

"Natéag" wrote in message
I have it, and it is great.
But other brands probably would work just as well.

Natéag,

I meant to add that I hope it also helps the original poster, but then
again, based on his post, I'm not sure if he had a problem or not with the
NIC.

Cheers!

Ace

Old June 26th 09, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Wireless is about signal propagation.
Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Patrick Whittle" wrote in message
Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Old June 27th 09, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Natéag[_2_]

As I wrote it works flawlessly. That may be due to the antenna,
which is lets say, gigantic.

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" a écrit dans le message
de ...
Hi
Wireless is about signal propagation.
Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Patrick Whittle" wrote in message
Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Old June 27th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.technet,microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Patrick Whittle

I ended up buying an external D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band gigbit router. I
know enough about 802.11n from previous, but do you know streaming...
High-Definition, and other media? ... the 5GHz band.

http://support.dlink.ca/products/vie...ctid=DIR%2D825