Old March 20th 07, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
veer

Default Freezing on Disk.sys or crcdisk.sys? I've got a possible solution

My problem started when my lapotp (MSI MS1029) froze when running super
pi and cpu z. Afterwards, when I tried to boot it would hang on the
a lot of searching, I think I've found a possible solution:

This is what I did:

1. Leave your laptop running until the battery COMPLETELY runs out.
Like, when you press power absolutely nothing happens.

2. Open up your laptop.

3. Disconnect the RAM.

4. Disconnect any fans you may have (yes CPU will get hot but for a
little bit the passive cooling should cut it - do NOT leave it on for
long!)

5. Disconnect the wireless card (many people mentioned PCMCIA as the
source of this problem, so I took it out).

6. Reinstall one stick of RAM.

7. Try to boot in normal mode. Leave the laptop bottom open for some
CPU cooling.

8. If it worked, you can put everything back in, one at a time to see
what was causing the problem.

Hope this helps guys, and if it does, please bump it for others to see.

Good luck!

--
veer