Old March 21st 07, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
grigione

Default Silicon Image sill 0680 ultra-133 medley ata raid controller [driver] for Vista

I have a Abit AA8XE-3rd Eye motherboard and a Teac DVD-ROM drive (DVD
Teac DV-516E ) on sil 0680 raid controller
The problem come with Windows Vista.
In SiliconImage Site
(http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...d=2&osid =10&)
there are no driver support for raid controller for Windows Vista (at
this moment only Base Driver is available) So i have flashed
(http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...id=2&osi d=0&)
my sil 0680 raid controller with SiI0680A IDE BIOS (base Bios) for
converting it in a no-raid controller
My results:

Bios version 3.2.24 (version for RAID and NO RAID) with driver for
vista (downloaded from windows update):
F3 message(Press F3 to enter RAID utility) don't appear during boot ,
in Vista device manager the controller is installed but no access to
cd-dvd rom teac (it don't appear in my computer resources)

Bios vers 3.2.20 for raid controller and no vista driver (don't
available):
F3 message appear,in vista device manager, appear RAID controller but
with no driver available,teac dvdrom no available.

Bios vers 3.2.20 for IDE controller and Driver vers 1.2.26.0 by
SiliconImage:
NO RAID controller,in Vista device manager the controller is installed
but teac dvdrom no available in computer resources

Conclusion: with any bios and driver no optical disc available

I have tried to install XP drivers for RAID controller In Windows
Vista with my initial Bios but Computer freeze for updating

Can you help me?

--
grigione
grigione's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23678