Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   cannot add tags to files (http://www.vistabanter.com/168577-cannot-add-tags-files.html)

jofoster August 9th 09 07:33 AM

cannot add tags to files

My files and folders system has descended into deeper and deeper chaos since I started using Vista, so I decided to tag my word files. But the help instructions refer to, and illustrate, something called a "details pane" which I cannot find. I know it's a problem because I've been up all night with various forums, but none of their solutions work.

Dave T.[_4_] August 9th 09 03:59 PM

cannot add tags to files

jofoster wrote:
My files and folders system has descended into deeper and deeper
chaos since I started using Vista, so I decided to tag my word files.
But the help instructions refer to, and illustrate, something called
a "details pane" which I cannot find. I know it's a problem because
I've been up all night with various forums, but none of their
solutions work.

In windows explorer look on the left side of the window, near the
top...click organize layout. Here you can activate the menu bar, the
navigation pane, the preview pane and the details pane. If you don't
have this, then you have a problem that goes above my pay grade.

Dave T.