Old March 28th 07, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GBK

Default Vista & 4gigs of Ram CRASH

same problem here. mine stays up until I turn the live tv feature with 4gb
instant crash.

"Ziggy" wrote in message
i have 4 gigs of pc 3200 installed works fine on my XP hard drive but
crashes
BSD when i boot my Vista drive works fine with 3 gigs ive switched them
around every which way again 3 works just fine add the 4th eeeeeeeeeeeeeh
CRASH any sugestions

Ive ran the patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 and it still not
cooperating Ive tested each stick of ram one by one all seem to work just
fine i have latest chipset drivers or BIOS version still not working
anymore
suggetions ?

I'm running Home Premium 64 Bit

I just ran an all night MEMTEST no problems with the memory

Ive turned everything back to default it shows 4096 installed and 4096
useable hmmm weird

it run 4 gigs just fine on my XP drive no problems. I wonder if i should
run
a Vista repair Question HMMMM

right on thanks again

looks like I'm doomed for now I'll give it a rest now let some of my hair
grow back that I've been yanking out over this.

so next question is it better to run 2 gigs in dual channel or 3 gigs in
single ?

64X2 4400
A8N sli premium
2X 8800gts