Vista Banter

-   General Vista Help and Support (http://www.vistabanter.com/general-vista-help-support/)
-   -   Can't delete file (http://www.vistabanter.com/179423-cant-delete-file.html)

John[_67_] March 17th 10 07:48 PM

Can't delete file

Try Taking Ownership. The easy way is this utility:
http://www.blogsdna.com/2173/add-tak...-windows-7.htm

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I have a folder that was named something random like fsad3ld567g. I
was able to rename the folder anything I wanted to. I renamed it to
\top
The two files in it are update.exe and updatexx.dll or something
close.
When I tried to delete either one of them I get access denied.

http://i42.tinypic.com/24fbwi8.jpg

I also ran the command line and tried to remove the directory.

Any suggestions?

Mr. Arnold March 17th 10 08:45 PM

Can't delete file

Metspitzer wrote:
I have a folder that was named something random like fsad3ld567g. I
was able to rename the folder anything I wanted to. I renamed it to
\top
The two files in it are update.exe and updatexx.dll or something
close.
When I tried to delete either one of them I get access denied.

http://i42.tinypic.com/24fbwi8.jpg

I also ran the command line and tried to remove the directory.

Any suggestions?

Either Take OwnerShip or set the Everyone group with all rights on the
file. You'll delete it.

Ǝиçεl March 19th 10 12:04 AM

Can't delete file

Hello Metspitzer,

Restart the computer into Safe Mode to then eradicate the file.
-=-

.