Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

I CAN'T SEND OR RECEIVED EMAIL

Old April 16th 10, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
jmsaby77

Default I CAN'T SEND OR RECEIVED EMAIL

I am receiving these errors. I can still get my mail on the comcast web site.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'help', Account: 'mail.comcast.net',
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 avast!
detected a collision with Norton Antivirus(processes:WinMail.exe[1],
ccsvchst.exe[49])', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error
Number: 0x800CCC67

Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR avast! detected a collision with Norton
Antivirus(processes:WinMail.exe[1], ccsvchst.exe[49])', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
Old April 16th 10, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave[_29_]

You're running both Avast and Norton antivirus? That's a no-no. Remove
Norton, as it causes problems with Windows Mail. Continue to use Avast, but
turn off email scanning in it.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

Old April 17th 10, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

In addition to Dave's advice, once you get Norton deleted via Add/Remove
programs, download and run this tool to get all of Norton's cr*p off your
computer.

Norton Removal Tool:
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

Old April 2nd 11, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sheri Chase

Default You're running both Avast and Norton antivirus?

Thanks for posting. However, hopes this helps others. Don't have to remove anything. I'm running Avast and Nortons 360. Read this post because I have Avast, 360, Lavasoft, Spybot. Couldn't get my mail to send out on Comcast, but mail was coming in; even from my own server in cyberspace. So, I re- read your advice. Thought a minute about the actual message popping up from Avast, then opened up Outlook, got the email outgoing port number (25). Then opened up Avast, removed port 25 from being scanned and now my email is working as designed.

How about that? Thanks for posting this info. Helped me think this through. I could not have gotten this far, this fast without you.