Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Dual Boot Sharing Files (http://www.vistabanter.com/180722-dual-boot-sharing-files.html)

grasshopper1947 April 30th 10 08:09 PM

Dual Boot Sharing Files

I have a dual boot system:
Windows 7 & Vista

I create lots of Word documents using Vista.
But I can’t seem to find them when I boot up on Windows 7.
How can I access the Word documents from Windows 7 ??

Dave[_29_] April 30th 10 08:33 PM

Dual Boot Sharing Files

Do you store the Word docs on the same drive as Vista is on?
If so, exactly where?
When you boot into Win 7, do you see the drive that Vista is on?

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"grasshopper1947" wrote in
message ...

whs[_8_] April 30th 10 09:25 PM

Dual Boot Sharing Files

There are several ways:

1. Go to Computer and open the Vista partition and find the files.
2. Create a 'seperate data partition'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...partition.html) from
Vista and then include the folders into the Win7 libraries - or make a
new library. This is the best solution because they will always be in
sync.
3. Just copy them from Vista to a folder on the Win7 partition.

--
whs

grasshopper1947 May 1st 10 12:19 PM

Dual Boot Sharing Files

Thank you, whs!!
You correctly assumed that I was so new at this that I was overlooking the
obvious!
Good show!

Following your instructions, I was able to locate the proper folders. I am
going to create a library and include what I need in it.

Thanks very much.

.

whs[_8_] May 1st 10 03:16 PM

Dual Boot Sharing Files

Well, I am glad you got the problem solved.

--
whs

whs[_8_] May 1st 10 03:16 PM

Dual Boot Sharing Files