Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Making Win 7 Folder Structure More Visible (http://www.vistabanter.com/182910-making-win-7-folder-structure-more-visible.html)

Tom461 February 28th 10 04:04 PM

Making Win 7 Folder Structure More Visible

I just moved from XP to Win 7. I was in the process of transferring
custom.dic when I realized that the AppData folder did not appear under my
user name, but that's where I need to put the custom dictionary file. My
question is how to make all the folders appear in Win 7 so I can work with
folders, as I did in XP. I suspect there is a configuration option, but I so
far have not located it and suspect the infamous security issues are blocking
what I want to do. It's too bad they design Windows around complex corporate
security issues and leave the rest of us in mess after mess. [Separately, I
have a good email address in my profile, but I am not being notified of
replies on this message board, but I will check back.]