Vista Banter

-   Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords (http://www.vistabanter.com/vista-administration-accounts-passwords/)
-   -   Cannot write to the registry at all (http://www.vistabanter.com/183121-cannot-write-registry-all.html)

TonyMacaroni October 11th 09 08:26 AM

Cannot write to the registry at all

Any help would be appreciated as I am totally stuck!

Only have one account on Vista Home Premium, which I set up when first

I recently trialled some Adobe software, the software ran out and I
attempted to uninstall. An error message came up saying I didn't have
sufficient priveledges to write to the key/registry and I couldn't
properly uninstall. I followed some instructions and tried to make the
key available to access using permissions, this seemed to work. It
still wasn't working so I searched the net and came across Revo
Uninstaller, and managed to remove all instances of the software.

I then attempted to install some different software and this failed
with a similar message - "do not have permission to access the key"...

Today I tried to load up iTunes and now I'm getting the same message
when double-clicking the logo on desktop. So I attempted to uninstall
iTunes, then re-install. I can't uninstall as I get a key error again,
and when I try to install the same error occurs.

Everything points to me not being able to have full permissions to
access the registry, but I can't find out exactly how to:

1. Uninstall correctly
2. Reinstall correctly

If anyone can help I would appreciate it - otherwise, I'm going to wait
until Windows 7 comes out, wipe my HD and do a fresh install

Thanks,
Tony

--
TonyMacaroni