Vista Banter

-   Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords (http://www.vistabanter.com/vista-administration-accounts-passwords/)
-   -   W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out (http://www.vistabanter.com/183163-w7-admin-account-deactivated-locked-out.html)

Gil Graf January 22nd 10 09:17 AM

W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out

Hi,

just installed W7 Ultimate and made a mistake, I guess. During setup
procedure I created the account "Jose" and customized the OS with this
account, as I'm doing this for 20 years now. After finishing I removed
administrative rights from this account and went ahead to customize the
administrators desktop. But when I type in "Administrator" on logon screen,
Windows says "Administrator is deactivated". And now there is no
administrator account left to me! What to do? Complete new setup? Please let
me know if there is a workaround, it took hours to customize this computer
and I can't believe that W7 allows you to lock out yourself that easily...

Thanks and regards,
Gil