Vista Banter

-   Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords (http://www.vistabanter.com/vista-administration-accounts-passwords/)
-   -   Admin Password reset in regedit (http://www.vistabanter.com/183178-admin-password-reset-regedit.html)

mazzymoomoo February 27th 10 03:50 PM

Admin Password reset in regedit

I have a laptop with Vista Business on it.

There are two accounts, one Admin and one User.
I can log into the user as i know the password but have forgotten the
Admin password. I cannot perform tasks such as cleanup etc as it always
prompts me for the admin password, which i do not know. I have tried all
of the other suggestions and still get prompted for the forgotten
password.

I recently had a similar experience on my desktop, where the admin
password was not recognised and i was not allowed to log on, and i
accessed the regedit to reset from there. I have tried to follow these
steps again with no success. Any suggestions. I am keen to do it in
regedit as i know this already.

--
mazzymoomoo