Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista and Games (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-games/)
-   -   FSX Acceleration not INSTALLING after HDD loss (http://www.vistabanter.com/183378-fsx-acceleration-not-installing-after-hdd-loss.html)

Pat Garard October 16th 09 08:56 AM

FSX Acceleration not INSTALLING after HDD loss

G'Day all,

Vista SP2, 4GB and two HDDs:- C:\ and D:\
C:\ has Windows and all programs (except ...)
D:\ has (HAD) all data plus 3 games in D:\Program Files\...

Lost D:\, replaced and recovered all data from Backup :)
Re-installed the 3 games TO C:\ DRIVE THIS TIME

No game required a Product Key - ergo lots of stuff in the Registry.
Two Games run ok.
FSX runs, but complains of missing scenery files
_______________(more registry stuff? - they may be from Acceleration pack)

When I attempt to install Acceleration Pack:
I see
__Windows Installer
___Preparing to install + vbCancel
appear on screen and fade in 1 second or so :(

I have run Registry Mechanic (2800 errors on first run), removed and
re-installed FSX several times (including once with Windows Installer Clean
UP) - to no avail!

Any ideas appreciated!

--
Regards,