Old April 1st 07, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Default stuck shift key

Have you checked your keyboard setting in AccessoriesEase of Access Center?

"Zoom" moshe.raab @ [no-spam] zoomix.com wrote in message ...
i have the same problem. does anyone have a solution for this?

"MR" wrote in message

The left-shift and/or left-control keys always "stick" when pressed in
conjunction with the Home, End, Delete, PageUp, PageDown and arrow keys.
That means that any key press or mouse click will behave as if the
shift/and or the control key are pressed until i press the left-shift or
left-control again

I saw KB article 266140 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266140) where
this behavior is described but the two causes listed there are not
relevant in this case.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? is there a solution?

I am using a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A with Vista Business
Edition
I installed the Intellitype software, version 6.1
I upgraded from XP where I did not have this problem

thanks