Old April 1st 07, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dan Smith

Default Annoying product key problems

Hello,
I recently bought Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit system and installed in on
my 120 GB hard drive. After the installation was complete I did that "rate my
system" program and my hard drive was a 4 whereas everything else was 5.5.
This made me decide to buy a new hard drive. I purchased a 500 GB hard drive
that was rather costly (but worth it ) which used a SATA connection rather
than parallel. I connected the new drive and installed vista with ease. I
went to activate windows but it says that it is in use! I understand that it
is on my other hard drive but I have scrapped that one in favour of my new
one (logical don’t you think?). It’s not as if I am using the same version of
windows on two computers, since I will not be using the other hard drive.
Could someone please give me some advice on what to do next, since I only
bought vista 3 weeks ago and it cost me £350 and I am not prepared to buy a
new copy just because I upgraded my computer! Thank you for your help