Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

I cant see emails coming in anymore.

Old August 20th 10, 12:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Micko

Default I cant see emails coming in anymore.

I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8
of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are
received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it
say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box
that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little
late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate
it... KR Mick.
Old August 20th 10, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Victor Banquy

Default I can receive and Forward, but I cant send

I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group
My problem is likely the same as a lot of people of the microsoft group
But the difference is : in the dialogue box it is written : you have to
update Windows.
I updated Windows a lot of times and the problem is not solved
I see that no body knows the solution, but MicroSoft staff ? What are they
doing ??
Help

Old August 20th 10, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Your problem statement is not very clear.
Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click
on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Old August 21st 10, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Trevor B.

I have a very similar problem, but the weird thing is there is no error
message. Here's what I get:
When I start up Windows Mail, it connects to my 2 e-mail accounts and
downloads all the messages. If I press the "Send/Receive" button on the tool
bar, or in the menu bar under Tools/Send and Receive, I get an error that
says:

"Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review
the list of errors below for more details."

At this time, there is nothing in the box under the Errors tab. It says 0
of 2 Tasks have completed successfully at the bottom of the error screen.
Under the tasks tab, it lists "Check for new messages on 'Shaw Email (Account
name)'." and then there is nothing under the status column.

Any suggestions? I am using version 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)

Thank you for your time.

.

Old August 21st 10, 05:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

That symptom can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus
should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate
all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Old August 23rd 10, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Micko

Hey Gary.

I have turned off my antivirus and the problem still persists. To explain it
a little better, if I was to send say a 6 meg attachment. I push send and it
goes. I than push send/receive, a box comes up with a green bar telling me of
the progress, the green bar maybe half way across saying sending 1 of 1
message. This is the box that doesn't come up anymore. Where has it gone???

Kind regards... Mick.

Old August 23rd 10, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

That progress box will typically only be visible for very large messages,
like the 6 MB one you mentioned.

Other than no progress box, are you able to send and receive?
If not, what happens when you send an email message to yourself?

Old August 23rd 10, 11:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Micko

Yeah, i can still send and receive no probs. I just wanted to know where the
box went. Its been there for every email coming in or going out for the last
year or so. Can i just update windows mail??? Thx Mick.

Old August 24th 10, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Try clicking the Send/Receive button twice instead of just once.

Windows Mail development was abandoned by Microsoft in July 2006,
in favor of the newer Windows Live Mail program. There will be no
updates for Windows Mail.