Vista Banter

-   Networking with Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/networking-windows-vista/)
-   -   vista networking (http://www.vistabanter.com/185714-vista-networking.html)

hugh welford April 15th 10 12:17 PM

vista networking

Hi

I have 2 machines one with vista home premium and the other with vista
ultimate that I need to network to a WIN2000 server. When I try to map the
network drive, vista insists on putting the computer name in front of the
username, and so I am refused log-on.

I have tried set a login credential username/password in vista ultimate
(home version wont let me do this). The credential is accepted, but when I
try to map the network drive vista STILL adds the computer name.

PLESE PLEASE can someone tell me how to stop this so that I can log onto my
server?

Why does progress always make things worse?

Ths a million

Hugh