Inform your Customers

Old February 11th 07, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Default Inform your Customers

It is far better to contact the hardware manufacturer personally rather than
another online petition which seem to have less credibility.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee"
m wrote in message
Hi,

If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset
onboard,
goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The
owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble.

Cheers,
Pound@Gestalt

Old February 11th 07, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JP

Did the person, who originally complained, go to his Laptop manufacturer
and check if his Laptop was compatible with Vista - before buying and installing it? Did he
check the Vista Hardware Compatibility list at MS? Also, the Upgrade Advisor
only "advises".... it's not meant to be a definitive decision making tool.

And BTW - no hardware manufacturer HAS to make their hardware Vista capable.
It can be expensive to provide the needed time and resources for compatibility updates
for new Operating Systems, and is some times just not worth it.

"Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee" m wrote in message
Hi,

If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset onboard,
goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The
owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble.

Cheers,
Pound@Gestalt

"Display, Video Card, Movie Maker" wrote:

I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the
Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista, and
trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not
support it.

This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that
my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista.

After doing extensive research, I have found that my Intel 915 Chipset is
not supported for AERO Glass capability, no problem, but to discover that I
just spent 300.00 for a new operating system with LESS capability is just
plain wrong.

You should either make these items workable, reguardless of AERO capability
or FORCE Intel to provide a 915 Driver.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Old February 11th 07, 07:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Perhaps, but I have Zero confidence in such petitions while I have more in
contacting the manufacturers directly.

Contacting the manufacturer directly normally give contact information while
such surveys such as this are usually anonymous with nothing more than a
name.

Hopefully there is a suggestion on that page to also contact the
manufacturer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee"
m wrote in message
It is just a way what we can do.

Old February 11th 07, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark S-123

I think you are all missing the point on the original post. Look at it more
closely, they don’t care if Aero Glass runs or not, they upgraded to Vista
for the Movie Maker enhancements and Movie Maker will not load because of the
915 chip.
I have the same problem, I cannot run Movie Maker either, when I start the
program it says, “Windows Movie Maker cannot start because your video card
does not support the required level of hardware acceleration or hardware
acceleration is not available.”
I have the same 915 integrated chip.

Mark

Old February 12th 07, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee

Accually, in petition signing step, it asks user to write their e-mail
address. So that the owner of petition can have complete full list to send to
Intel and Intel can contact back to users who have an email address.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

Perhaps, but I have Zero confidence in such petitions while I have more in
contacting the manufacturers directly.

Contacting the manufacturer directly normally give contact information while
such surveys such as this are usually anonymous with nothing more than a
name.

Hopefully there is a suggestion on that page to also contact the
manufacturer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar