Old August 28th 06, 11:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chad Harris

Default Avast won't install "5536 RC1 Foreplay?"

Thanks much Steven. Maybe it's just me but something about the timing sure
seems strange unless it is that the WOC can't get Vista compatible. Do you
know why it won't work in Vista. You have other AV manufacturers making a
show cased feature (like Avast) on their site that they are Vista compatible
and Avast seems the most widely used for Vista although there are others.

With Build 5536.16385 X 86, for the first time in a build, unless I'm having
a particular problem that others aren't I keep getting a message "driver not
compatible" when I reboot from an Avast install. Avast will scan on 5536
but the AV component won't install.

Do you know good alternatives?

CH

"StephenB" wrote in message
"Chad Harris" wrote:

Since they have a link to WOC Live, wil One Care in fact install for
anyone
on "5536 Foreplay to RC1" is the link a dead end, or has "Woof we eat our
own dogfood" MSFT managed to get WOC compatible with their OS they are
spending a couple hundred million to promote and several hundred thousand
in
Federal District Court in Seattle with Brad Smith and Nancy Anderson's
eager
little legal beavers litigating against Symantec?

Jest wondrin' ? Guess I could click on the WOC setup and see if I could
install it. Maybe they are using the links on the Welcome Page as
advertising billboards that have no function purely. There is an advance
for
civilization.

OneCare setup in Vista will still not work at this time.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live