Old April 4th 07, 09:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
BillD

Default Folder Permissions

"Neil" wrote:

I have been reading all the posts and cannot find an answer that works. I
have Vista Home Prem. I cannot get access to many of the folders on the C:
drive. I consider myself pretty well versed in Windows but Vista totally
baffles me. I cannot even get access to the "My Pictures",etc folders in
the Documents and settings section of my own account. I have a Dell laptop
and I am the only account and it is an admistrator account.

if you use the deaful configuration with UAC "on" then UAC will prompt you
in order to get the folder permissions. It's very simple with UAC "on".