Old April 4th 07, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Default Problem shrinking C: partition.

Elai:
There may be "unmovable" files at the end of the partition or maybe it has
not properly been defragged.
Try defragging first.
Carlos

"Elai" wrote:

I am trying to shrink my C: partition (from 55GB to 30GB) in order to create
a new partition. The message says there is 0 available space. I have disabled
system restore, and moved the pagefile to a different partition, but no
effect.

I have considered purchasing Acronis Disk Director as someone else on the
board recommended, but would like to just use the Vista's console if at all
possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!
E-