Old April 7th 07, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
mikeyhsd

Default Missing volume bar

are you trying to adjust the volume using a key on the keyboard or by clicking on the speaker icon in the tray.
if it is the keyboard then you need an updated driver from hp.

" wrote in message ...
I also want this on my laptop which is an HP Pavilion dv8315nr. I miss it. I
also don't want to have to pay $59.00 for a tech to tell me how to do it.
When I just bought two Hp's running microsoft products. There must be a
simple fix. Why wasn't it included? Howard Page,Seabrook NH

"coach5inbuff" wrote:

I just purchased a new computer with Vista on it and when I began using it as
I raised or lowered the volume a volume bar appeared that showed the relative
level of the volume. For no reason, when I adjust the volume the bar no
longer appears. I did not intentionally turn it off and would like it back
on. How do I get the volume bar to reappear?