Old April 9th 07, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JerryM \(ID\)

Default HP Laserjet 3052 is missing

Did you try it in Classic View?

"Christian Møller Nielsen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all.
After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a
HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit
with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB
cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers
was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't
find the printer and I can't select the printer when I want to print
something. I can only select fax and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer"
when I try to print anything.
When I go to control panel - System - Devise Manager I can see the
LaserJet two places. One is "Picture units" where it's located as a
scanner and the other place is under IEEE1284.4 where it's located as
HP LaserJet (DOT4USB)
How do I get Windows to recognize my LaserJet as a printer?
I tried to download new drivers from www.hp.com but when I try to
install them, I get a notice that says that Windows automatically
installs USB units, and I can only install it if I have a cable to the
LPT port OR COM port. It's not possible to insert a printer cable into
the LaserJet.