0x0000000A on boot after installation

Old February 4th 07, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Patrick

Default 0x0000000A on boot after installation

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

When installing Vista Home Premium, the installation goes fine but on first
boot I get a blue screen with STOP error 0x0000000A.

Clean installation and upgrade produce the same result.

Any suggestions?

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
2 GB DDR 400 PC 3200 RAM
XFX PVT70GUDF7 GeForce 7800GT 256MB Video Card
MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 Motherboard

Old February 5th 07, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Maxus72

It looks like your board has a built in Real-tek sound chip. Try going into
your BIOS and disable this, It fixxed the error for me. hope this helped.

Old February 5th 07, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dean

Maxus72

how would i do that?

Old February 17th 07, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ben

Default How to disable realtek chip

Go into your BIOS, and choose integrated peripherals. then scroll down untill you see AC97 Audio - Disable this - you should be able to boot in fine - worked for me too - very similar setup.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old February 17th 07, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Ben

I don't have a problem with AC97 Audio.. why would I want to do this?