Old April 14th 07, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

Default No sound(desperate!)

/bellamoose/ said:

Okay, the sound was working just fine the other day, I used my ipod, music
etc..no problem. But now there is no sound and every time i click on volume
control it there is no active mixer...ok. So I have gone through a million
troubleshoots and a million of these posts. I can't find anything that can
help. Oh and when I get to the devices thing to set my default thing it won't
let me click on anything....can anyone please help? (very detailed...I’m
incompetent when it comes to fixing stuff) thanks!

Check first that nothing is muted, and that the volume control is turned
up. Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom-right of the window and
review the options that are presented.

It is conceivable that the sound drivers need reinstalling. Ask a
friend who understands what that entails to help you, or visit a
competent repair shop.