Old April 15th 07, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rock

Default upgrading graphic card

"BigJim" wrote
I am going to upgrade my graphics card from and Nvidia 6600gt 128meg to a
7600gt 256 meg card.
Is this going to cause activation problems? Also under XP I would normally
remove the drivers, shutdown the system, remove old card and install the
new one and reboot. Then reinstall the new drivers does this sound like
the right plan.

The need to reactivate should not be triggered with a video card change. I
have done that with no issues. Check the documentation for the card to
confirm the installation procedure.
--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]