64 bit Processor?

Old February 7th 07, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TechGuyatwork

Default 64 bit Processor?

If your CPU is AMD then it is 32 and 64......

"JamesJ" wrote:

How does one determine if the processor is 32 or 64 bit.

Thank,
James

Old February 7th 07, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave B.

Really? What happens if he has an AMD from a few years ago that's not 64
bit?

--
___________________________
http://www.db-pc.com

Old February 7th 07, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bryan Foster

And intel produced some 64 bit processors as well. If you have a AMD Athlon
64, it is 64 bit. If you have a intel processor it is more than likely not
64 bit, but find out the exact processor you have and go to intel.com if it
is a INTEL or amd.com if it is a AMD and get the exact specs on it to be
safe.

Old February 7th 07, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

You can run a program called CPUID (http://www.cpuid.com/) that will
tell you the model and family (x86 is 32Bit, x64 is 64Bit). It will tell
you if you have a 32Bit or 64Bit CPU.

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

Old February 7th 07, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JamesJ

Old February 8th 07, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Man-wai Chang

Dustin Harper wrote:
You can run a program called CPUID (http://www.cpuid.com/) that will
tell you the model and family (x86 is 32Bit, x64 is 64Bit). It will tell
you if you have a 32Bit or 64Bit CPU.

or maybe a tool called CPUz

--
iTech Consulting Co., Ltd.
Specialized in providing ePOS solutions
Old February 8th 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JamesJ

Got it. Thanks.
Nice little program.

Old February 10th 07, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Doverguy

Default Driver Needed for Hard Disc

Hi Folkes,
I've a Gigabyte GA-8i915P Duo (Rev 2.0) with the latest FF
Bios.
I need a RAID drive that I can install on Windows Vista Ultimate 64.
Anyone able to help please?
Thanks,
DoverGuy..