Old April 18th 07, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Shaw [MSFT]

Default WMP11 Media sharing issues

You might be encountering file permission or other issues. Take a look at
the info in the Windows Media Player FAQ at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ng.mspx#q20_17

--
John Shaw
Windows User Assistance team

"-Mysticspirits-" wrote in message
news
I set up vista on both my laptop and PC and opened media player only to
find
i could remotely share files (i'm a bit slow).

I then spent the best part of 2 hours trying to get it to work.

both computers find each other, but no files load. The message "No Files
have been found on this remote library" comes up whenever i try to view
files
on either machine.

I'm actually able to share pictures, and Videos - however, i've found they
HAVE to be on my computer's HD in order to share. I have a media drive
full
of all my music/videos/pictures and it nothing from there shows, even
though
they're all in my library.

This must work, otherwise it wouldnt have been advertised, but how do i
get
it to work?

I managed to play a video file from my PC to my laptop but it was from my
c:/ instead of my x:/
and even when i load music through my c drive, i cant get it to transfer
the laptop.

Any ideas?