SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on HP Compaq nc4200 problem

Old February 8th 07, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NGR

Default SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on HP Compaq nc4200 problem

Hi!

I've just installed a fresh Windows Vista Business on my notebook HP Compaq
nc4200 and noticed the same problem as with the RC1 release!

The sound card, a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio, is used with a built-in
speaker and a speaker-out jack connector.

Under Windows XP, when pluggin' in an headset or external speakers, the
sound is redirected from the internal speaker to the jack connector... Very
useful when you want to listen to music or watching a DVD while traveling
(train, bus, ...)

But under Windows Vista RTM (as in RC1), when pluggin' something in the jack
connector, the internal speaker continue to function, so this isn't very cool
when you won't other people to listen to what you ear in your headset !

I've previously filled au bug report for this, but Microsoft seems to loose
it or won't to treat it... I know that they probably think that if HP won't
to support this notebook for Vista they probably not trying to correct this
behaviour but...
-How many people wan't to change a notebook for about 1600$ just because
the manufacturer refuse to support it?
-How many people are going to buy Vista because it seams (and he is) more
powerful than XP ?

In a non-commercial OS (), you can find drivers for older devices that
manufacturers refuse to support anymore, why Microsoft wouldn't do the same?

Se ya!

Nicolas

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices