Which 965 Express Chipset Motherboards Will Allow full 4GB of 1GB

Old February 11th 07, 08:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wojnarowski

Default Which 965 Express Chipset Motherboards Will Allow full 4GB of 1GB

PS.

Can someone tell me which 965 motherboards out there will let me use all
4GB
on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit? Please help ASAP!

Cons: Spent 2 hours on the phone with ASUS support trying to find how to use
all 4GB of memory under 32-bit Windows. They told me that it is impossible,
which is not true because I'm using 4GB on Intel board without any problems.
ASUS Level 1 support is not knowledgeable. Both south bridge and PCI-X chips
running very hot, as well second LAN chip. Have no idea who may need this
cheap Marvel software RAID on this expensive board - for serious system you
will need hardware RAID card. Price is too high, maybe because of PCI-X
support, and this board is not server board ans listed by NewEgg, it is for
high-end workstation (WS-Pro). Check ASUS website. Zalman 7700 cooler cannot
be used on this board in most cases! CPU socket is too close to the end of
the board and can't fit because of PSU. Use Zalman 9500 instead! For some
reasons ran my Corsair DDR2 800 MHz memory on 667MHz, needed to set it up
manually in BIOS on 800MHz. Can't stop PCI-X controller.

"Wojnarowski" wrote in message news:...

"mikeynavy1" wrote in message
I currently have an Asus P5AD2-E Premium motherboard with 4GB of RAM
installed (4 x 1GB non-ECC DIMMS). My BIOS only shows 3.2GB because of
memory allocation issues (motherboard doesn't support remapping) even
though
it said it would support 4GB. I'm running Windows Vista x64 so my OS
isn't
the problem. I want to get a new motherboard that will allow me to
utilize
all 4GB of 1GB DIMMS and my Pentium 4 670 processor. I'm looking at the
P965
and G965 chipset as I don't need the 975X...processor is too slow and I'm
not
a gamer. I don't want to spend a lot of money either. I'll upgrade my
processor and memory next year when quad-core technology becomes
mainstream.
Can someone tell me which 965 motherboards out there will let me use all
4GB
on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit? Please help ASAP!

??? I might be wrong ... but...
not showing the full size of RAM does not necessary mean yet,
that it doesn't utilize it in full or is not supporting the entire
4GB RAM.

Old February 22nd 07, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mikeynavy1

Default Which 965 Express Chipset Motherboards Will Allow full 4GB of

Does the Intel board support overclocking?

Old February 22nd 07, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mikeynavy1

How is your 4GB configured? If it is 2 x 2GB modules than that may be why.
I'm thinking my problem is with 4 x 1GB modules. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm
assuming you also have the remap feature enabled in the BIOS? Someone else
said they put in 4GB and theirs wouldn't view it all. I just don't want to
buy a P5B and then have the same problem this board has.