How do I wake up my black screen?

Old February 12th 07, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chndny

Default How do I wake up my black screen?

I have the ATI Radeon X1950 graph card in my computer. In Vista ,when I turn
on
the monitor later then computer, or after turn off my monitor(LCD TV)for a
while,
I get black screen usually. The only choice is restart the computer.
How can I wake it up?
Old February 12th 07, 05:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
klrtovfr

what motherboard do you have? If your talking about leaving your computer for
awhile and then coming back and finding your screen black, it may be beacause
your motherboard does not support sleep mode. I have a DFI motherboard which
does not and had to disable it.
Old February 12th 07, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RoDeNtJe

Hi,

When I shut down my PC using start shut down button, and I restart it, the
display doesn't start anymore, it just stays black. Also when I leave my PC
for a while so the display turns off, I can't restart it anymore. The only
solution in both cases is to hold down the power button for 5 seconds so the
PC is turned off and then start it again.

I'm running Windows Vista Business and did the Windows updates (which didn't
make a difference).

I don't think it's a problem with my motherboard not supporting sleep mode,
since I didn't have this problem in XP and it's quite a new notebook (Acer
Aspire 9412WSMi).

Any suggestions or solutions for this problem???

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, RoDeNtJe
Old February 12th 07, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald McDaniel

"RoDeNtJe" wrote in message
Hi,

When I shut down my PC using start shut down button, and I restart it, the
display doesn't start anymore, it just stays black. Also when I leave my PC
for a while so the display turns off, I can't restart it anymore. The only
solution in both cases is to hold down the power button for 5 seconds so the
PC is turned off and then start it again.

I'm running Windows Vista Business and did the Windows updates (which didn't
make a difference).

I don't think it's a problem with my motherboard not supporting sleep mode,
since I didn't have this problem in XP and it's quite a new notebook (Acer
Aspire 9412WSMi).

Any suggestions or solutions for this problem???

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, RoDeNtJe

Didja try kicking the machine? Yelling at it? Tossing it across the room is
exasperation?
(just trying to inject a little humour).

But seriously, Acer is simply going to have to release either a BIOS update,
or a Vista-capable driver for the display.

I have no problems with my two Dell LCD displays. They released newer drivers
when Vista was released.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

Old February 13th 07, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mhornet

I had this problem and it was when Vista would put the computer to sleep.
Turned out it was the USB keyboard not being compatible to wake the
computer. Go into Device Manager and check your USB devices. If you right
click on a item, check the Power Management tab and make sure its unchecked.
Start experimenting with that and see if it works.

Old February 13th 07, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ks

"chndny" wrote:

I have the ATI Radeon X1950 graph card in my computer. In Vista ,when I
turn
on
the monitor later then computer, or after turn off my monitor(LCD TV)for
while,
I get black screen usually. The only choice is restart the computer.
How can I wake it up?

Or try Power Options , "Choose when to turn off the display"