Old April 30th 07, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
ManK

Default Audio driver not getting installed...

Yes... The drivers are compatible with VISTA and are 64 bit compatible as
well...
I have downloaded the driver from DELL official website...

When I ran windows update Audio driver was downloaded as one of the hardware
updates but installation failed.

"don't look" wrote:

What audio driver?Are you saying the Realtek network card is interfering
with installing an audio driver? Are all your drivers Vista compatible or at
leaast 64 bit?

"ManK" wrote in message
I have DELL OPTIPLEX GX620 PC. It has 64-Bit hardware. I installed Windows
VISTA Ultimate (X64) and after that audio driver is failing to install.

I ran windows update but the issue remained unsolved. Following was the
explanation given in "Problems and solution".

"This problem was caused by Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB

2.0
Network Adapter. Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network
Adapter was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp."

Is there any solution/workaround for this?