Delete Bitlocker Partition?

Old February 12th 07, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
willbost

Default Delete Bitlocker Partition?

I tried to install Bitlocker on my laptop but it gave me an error message
about not having TPM. I have seen the solution to use without TPM, but I do
not want to be tied to a usb key. I also saw another post here that said to
use Disk Managment to delete the partition that Bitlocker created. However,
the option to format or delete this partition are grayed out and are not
available. Anyone have any other suggestions or solutions?
Old February 13th 07, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Paul Adare

In article 012B821D-1842-49D0-8A3C-2F232AE3E1C8
@microsoft.com, in the
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security news group, =?Utf-
8?B?d2lsbGJvc3Q=?=
says...

I tried to install Bitlocker on my laptop but it gave me an error message
about not having TPM. I have seen the solution to use without TPM, but I do
not want to be tied to a usb key.

Then you can't use Bitlocker.

I also saw another post here that said to
use Disk Managment to delete the partition that Bitlocker created. However,
the option to format or delete this partition are grayed out and are not
available. Anyone have any other suggestions or solutions?

Bitlocker doesn't create any partitions. Are you referring
to the Windows Ultimate Extra tool that repartitions your
drive to allow you to use it with Bitlocker?

What is your goal here? To use Bitlocker or to not use
Bitlocker?

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
Old February 13th 07, 10:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
willbost

"Paul Adare" wrote:

What is your goal here? To use Bitlocker or to not use
Bitlocker?

I do not want to use Bitlocker and want to delete or regain the partition
that the tool created.
Old February 13th 07, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jesper

That partition is probably greyed out because it is your active boot
partition. You need to change the boot partition back to the main partition
to get rid of it.

I am not sure whether the BitLocker Drive Preparation Tool will do it in
reverse but you can try that (it is an Ultimate Extra). Otherwise, follow
these directions in reverse:
http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...ter_3F00_.aspx

Old February 14th 07, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
No the tool will not go in reverse.
You would have to change the active partition back.
You would have to move the boot code back
you would have to move back file and folders and modify the BCD file.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcGVy?=

|Subject: Delete Bitlocker Partition?
|Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:57:00 -0800
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|
|That partition is probably greyed out because it is your active boot
|partition. You need to change the boot partition back to the main
partition
|to get rid of it.
|
|I am not sure whether the BitLocker Drive Preparation Tool will do it in
|reverse but you can try that (it is an Ultimate Extra). Otherwise, follow
|these directions in reverse:
http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...C00_-you-want-
to-BitLocker-an-existing-computer_3F00_.aspx

Old April 5th 07, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
hitman

How do you go about doing that?