Windows Media Player 11 is slow in skiiping

Old February 13th 07, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
spiderx712

Default Windows Media Player 11 is slow in skiiping

I just bought Windows Vista Ultimate edition, and I have a decent computer
hardware which is more than enought for Vista, the problem is in windows
media player, it is slow in skipping songs or even getting a song played
right away, I used the same version of the media player on XP but it wasn't
having such a problem, and by the way, other players like real player just
skips songs without any delays and also the same for opening a song.
My CPU is Intel Cenrino Du 2 1.6GHz
RAM is 1GB DDR2
H.D.D is 80 GB 5400rpm

Please advice
Old February 13th 07, 07:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Julian

Try this:

From Control Panel - Sound - Speakers / Headphones -Properties -
Effects -tick disable system effects -[OK]

Old June 29th 07, 08:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Maxpako

Hi, I found a temporal solution for this issue...
Seems that media player have issues with soind hardware effects, so before
execute media player 11 I have to disable all effects on my sound hardware in
order to media player 11 would run OK.
When I stop MP11, I have to activate these effects.

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 9400 (2GHz, 2GB@557MHz, 120GB HDD, Geforce 7900GS
256MB, integrated Sound Blaster Audigy)
Maybe someone can contact Microsoft to inform about this?
Thank you.

Old July 5th 07, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

This should be a bug in those particular audio effects. You would want to
take that up with whoever provided those (presumably the sound card
provider).

--
Speaking for myself only.