Old May 4th 07, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JimR

Default Motherboard type?

"Rod Davies" wrote in message
I THINK my motherboard is a socket 7 (?).

I have 2.8Ghz Celeron.

How do I find out exactly what sort of motherboard so I can (?) upgrade my
chip?

CAN I upgrade the chip? But, IF so, will Vista chuck a fit?

Rgds
Rod
Perth

If it is a Celeron 2.GHz, most likely a socket 478. If a Celeron D, most
likely a socket 775.
If it's a socket 478, it would probably be better and cheaper to replace the
motherboard and processor with more modern hardware that supports a dual
core processor.
If you replace the motherboard and processor you most likely will have to
reinstall Vista.
--
Jim