Old May 8th 07, 03:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Solomon

Default Motherboard type?

Rod Davies wrote:
Tks for all replies. I ran CPU-Z, as suggested, thanks, and got:

CPU: Socket 478mPGA
Celeron 2.8Ghz
Motherboard D865 Perl
Chipset: Intel i864P/PE/G/i865P
Bus Speed 99.8
Rated FSB: 399.8

I think I am going to try and get a P4 CHIP only...NO
motherboard.Will I see an appreciable diff do you think?

Rgds
Rod
Perth

"Carlos" wrote in message
Rod:
Donwload and run CPU-Z 1.40 (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php)
This small (500 kB) freeware program will answer your questions
about your CPU and mainboard.
Carlos

"Rod Davies" wrote:

I THINK my motherboard is a socket 7 (?).

I have 2.8Ghz Celeron.

How do I find out exactly what sort of motherboard so I can (?)
upgrade my
chip?

CAN I upgrade the chip? But, IF so, will Vista chuck a fit?

Rgds
Rod
Perth

How much memory and does you graphics card have its own memory or does it
share with main system memory, if yes, how much is allocated to graphics?

--
Michael Solomon