Vista Banter

-   Installation and Setup of Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/installation-setup-vista/)
-   -   I need something new for my windows 98 (http://www.vistabanter.com/23103-i-need-something-new-my-windows-98-a.html)

EnFuego February 15th 07 08:07 PM

I need something new for my windows 98

I just got permission to put the windows 98 computer in my room and now i
would greatly enjoy a new windows media player for my compouter. The one that
came on it is getting out of date. Does anyone happen to know what one i
should get? i tryed to download wm player 10 for vista and xp, neither
worked. Help please.

Rock February 15th 07 08:12 PM

I need something new for my windows 98

"EnFuego" wrote

I just got permission to put the windows 98 computer in my room and now i
would greatly enjoy a new windows media player for my compouter. The one
that
came on it is getting out of date. Does anyone happen to know what one i
should get? i tryed to download wm player 10 for vista and xp, neither
worked. Help please.

Why are you posting this to a Vista newsgroup? Post to a win98 newsgroup.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Zim Babwe February 15th 07 08:19 PM

I need something new for my windows 98

The best thing to do with your Windows 98 CD is put it on your night stand.
Then go to the kitchen and pour some ice-tea. When returning to your room,
place the ice-tea on the CD. That way it will protect the night stand.

I have an old Windows 2000 CD I could send you. Much more stable

"EnFuego" wrote

EnFuego February 15th 07 08:23 PM

I need something new for my windows 98

wait what? they have that. This is the first day ive toyed with this so.....
I searched windows 98 and it game me this so uhh i guess i will try again...

"EnFuego" wrote

Hugh Wyn Griffith February 16th 07 02:11 AM

In article , EnFuego wrote:
I just got permission to put the windows 98 computer in my room and now i*
would greatly enjoy a new windows media player for my compouter. .... i tryed

to download wm player 10 for vista and xp, neither*worked.

It looks as though you need the WMP 9? Here's the system requirements for the
next -- WMP10:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP; Windows XP Professional Edition ;
Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2

but you can get:

Windows Media Player 9 Series for Windows 98 Second Edition, Me, and 2000

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...119-9a5b-44c3-
b1de-9b2a9aa6cff6&displaylang=en

Chad Harris February 16th 07 03:03 PM

I need something new for my windows 98

En Fuego--

I thought the posting was a joke. I missed the request for WMP. The latest
you can use is WMP 9 that supports Win 98SE:

Download WMP 9 here (and if you were using XP, it has WMP 6.4 in it:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...s/default.aspx

CH