Old May 12th 07, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Default 3C905TX-based Ethernet Adapter (Generic).

raymond,

The basic rule is that hardware will work in Vista with a compatible driver.
If you can locate a proper driver, either from the manufacturer or from a
third party (google), then you should be able to install and use any Ethernet
adapter. If it were me, I'd use the on-board adapter from Asus. Did you say
that Asus has a driver available? I didn't understand that part of your
post. Sorry. If you can find a driver from Asus, use it.

Good luck,

--
freddy

"raymond kohlberg" wrote:

i have this old 3 com card and i try to get it to work do anybody know how.
this is because my lan onboard from asus (p4p800se) (lan marvel yukon)
will not work under vista this while there is a vista driver availeble by
asus.