Old May 13th 07, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GTS

Default Telling USB cables apart...

There's not way to tell by looking. Cables sold as rated for USB-2 may have
better shielding and better quality conductors, but many cables that may not
have been marketed as USB-2 will work fine at the higher speed (especially
in the shorter lengths). There's no harm in trying them.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
My new VISTA machine has many more USB-2 ports than my previous computer.
I seem to have quite a collection of USB cables. Is there any physical way
to tell USB-1 from USB-2 cables? Dang things all look the same to me.