Old May 22nd 07, 12:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

Default video memory for windows flip 3d and aero interface

In my opinion, if a computer has less than 1 gig of RAM (memory) it should
not be sold with Vista installed on it.

Vista will run - barely - with 512 meg of RAM, if all you want to do is surf
the internet and do emails.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Alexandre" wrote in message
hi!
i need to know, how much of memory video is necessary to run windows vista
ultimate with aero and flip 3d resources?
128MB of memory video or 256MB?
because i want to buy a new notebook, and i'm worried with total memory
video is necessary to run vista ultimate with aero transparences and more
resources.