Old May 23rd 07, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bruce Chambers

Default Registry Fix

Dave wrote:
Greg,

I'm using CCleaner, and it works fine with my Vista Home Premium....
http://www.ccleaner.com/

CCleaner seems relatively benign, as long as you step through each
detected "issue" one at a time, to determine if it really is an "issue"
or not, and then decide whether or not to let the application "fix" it.
In my experience, though, most of the reported "issues" won't be
issues, at all. CCleaner's registry "tool" is a great source of false
alarms. I tried the latest version on a brand-new OS installation with
no additional applications installed, and certainly none installed and
then uninstalled, and CCleaner still managed to "find" over a hundred
allegedly orphaned registry entries and dozens of purportedly
"suspicious" files. (CCleaner's main strength lies in its usefulness
for cleaning up unused temporary files from the hard drive.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm