Old May 25th 07, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
awhatley

Default CD-RW and DVD-ROM not recognized in My Computer

I've been battling this for over a month now. I've tried removing the upper
and lower filters from the registry. I've tried removing iTunes (like one
person suggested). I can't even reformat and reinstall XP because I can't get
the CD-ROM drive to work enough to read the XP System Restore discs. If I
could I would dump Vista as quick as I could.

No DVD-Rom means I can reinstall Vista Home Premium.

No CD-Rom means I can't reinstall XP.

They worked for a while. Sometimes the computer wouldn't recognize them and
I could reboot and there they would be, but now nothing at all no matter what
I do.

Please help.