Old May 31st 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Default Epson Stylus Photo 810 Drivers

AirMarshall,

Take a look at this driver I found on the HP website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...product=304431

It's supposed to be a multi-purpose driver, but I know nothing about it.
--
freddy

"AirMarshall" wrote:

I wonder if was more a repair than instalation i would hesitate to do an
upgrade on top of the vista that is aready there.

AM
--
A fool always finds a greater fool to follow him.

"freddy" wrote:

AirMarshall,

Vista includes many printer drivers, but the printer must be turned on
during Vista's installation so that it can be detected and the drivers
installed. Several others have posted that their printers failed to install
(who knows why), but we've had difficulty figuring out how to install it when
that happens.

Here is what one poster stated when he had a similar problem, and after he
failed in trying various methods for installing the printer (plugging it in,
booting up and expecting windows to find new hardware, which it did, but it
wanted the installation CD and not the Vista DVD, etc., etc.). Here is what
he posted back after several more installation failures while trying
variations of the above theme:

The problem is solved! In ran the installation DVD again and chose Upgrade.
Now the printer (and other things that didn't work) are working fine!

Go figure. Hope this helps.
--
freddy

"AirMarshall" wrote:

Hi,
I have been told that the drivers for my printer are included "IN BOX" with
vista as the helpful people at epson cant be botherd to t produce a vista
driver.
when i try and install the printer it cant find the driver on the DVD, any
ideas how to get hold of it.

AM

--
A fool always finds a greater fool to follow him.