Multiple audio outputs

Old February 23rd 07, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Starrett

Default Multiple audio outputs

With Windows XP I was able to output music to my 5.1 speakers connected to
my computer AND to the SPDIF audio out at the same time. I piped the SPDIF
to my audio receiver in another room. Both would output at the same time.
I can't figure out how to do the same in Vista. You must choose one
default. I have searched high and low and surprisingly no one seems to be
asking this question. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
CS

Old October 24th 09, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mumbaindude

Hi, I very much want to know the answer to this problem two. My setup is
simple. I am working with my Mobo's onboard sound card (Mobo is Asus
M3A32-MVP Wi-Fi) and here's the thing. I see multiple devices in both
Vista and Seven (have a dual boot) - I see the front headphone jack, the
SPDIF, the rear audio port (it's 5.1 surround) and also an HDMI. I've
just recently bought two bluetooth headphones and I have paired them and
see them in the audio devices panel too.

Now this is what I want to do. I want to hear the audio on all the
devices simultaneously. If I turn on the audio system (connected to the
SPDIF) then I should hear the audio there. If I connect multiple
Bluetooth headphones, I should hear the audio from my comp on any and
all of them.

So, why can't I do this? Apparently this was the default behaviour for
Windows in XP. That is, any audio played was available on all connected
devices. Now, here in Vista and Seven we have a major downgrade in that
we have to select a SINGLE audio output device as the "default" device
and when a device is selected as such, the audio stream is SOLELY passed
into it. THIS IS SO VERY WRONG! It is so illogical to do something like
this in today's world of changing and evolving multi-media environments.
I mean, what if my Mom wants to hear my music from the kitchen at the
same time that I'm listening to it as I work on my desktop. She should
be able to simply plugin and start listening to what I'm hearing! This
is RIDICULOUS!

I hope there's a solution out there. I've just spent around three hours
googling non-stop about this problem and though many, many people have
complained about it, no one has a proper solution.

The question is: How do I hear audio on Windows Vista or Seven on
multiple audio devices SIMULTANEOUSLY!?

--
mumbaindude
Old October 24th 09, 11:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
miltonhork

sound card or related device gives more than one audio output at the
same time in vista .for more information visit vistax64 .com.

--
miltonhork

fathers day gifts