Old June 5th 07, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
PaulB

Default Access denied trying to copy file across home network

Do you have File sharing and public folder sharing turn on in VISTA?
--
Paul

"Joe Ventre" wrote:

I am trying to copy a file from an XP system to a Vista system and I'm
getting an error telling me I do not have permission to do it and access
is denied to the destination system. Here is the setup: I have a home
network. On the Vista system I use START RUN and type in the name of
the XP system (ex: system1). Using Windows explorer on the Vista system
I drag the file from the source directory on the XP system to the
destination folder on the Vista system. That generates the error
message. It does not tell me how to get the permission I need but since
I am running as the Administrator on the Vista system I didn't think I
would need permission. If I just copy the file to something like a USB
drive and then plug the USB drive into the Vista system I can copy the
file onto my hard drive with no problem. Any thoughts on how to correct
this?